Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 4: Thursday: Ellensburg to Yakima, WA





Actual Kms: 68 J
Overkill: 0
Road Things: dead deer, alive black cat, dead rabbit? With intestines galore, lots of gravel on the side.
Wipeouts: 0
Money Spent: $3 Latte in Ellensburg
Interesting Person Pick: Reuben Vyn, our Sweep Team leader who races in Portland but is originally from Guelph. He has a wicked bike and carries a pace like nobodies business. He was very easy going this morning and sat with our Canadian Sweep Team to have coffee for an hour.
Favourite Part of the Day: It may have been showering and putting on my cute white dress and having four people say “That’s a beautiful dress”. I think they were just surprised that a girl brought a dress on tour. Or it may have been sitting at the coffee place in Ellensburg this morning and finding out all eight of us were Canadian. Scratch both of those….my favourite part of the day was finding out that I know weigh 150 pounds (I found a scale by the gym). YES!
Worst Part of the Day: Peeing behind the rock memorial. I was with eight guys and it was a little embarrassing.

Today I tried to wake up later because I knew I was on the sweep team but people around my tent were very loud so I woke up at 6:15 and did some email stuff. Then I ate breakfast very slowly and packed up my stuff and my lunch and met up with my sweep team. We went to the local bike store and chilled out there for a while and then we had coffee at a cute little coffee shop and sat outside. Then we headed out and made great time through a great road called Canyon Rd. It was very windy and was next to the river. We had a few hills but nothing like Tuesday and I feel like my legs are beginning to get really strong. It is good. So we got in as the sweep team around 1:30, which was awesome. We are staying at Riverside Christian School and the showers are great, the hallways have AC and the day is still young! I’m excited about showing you what’s happening with pictures and video.

No comments: